[udig-devel] Dynamically created icons. (Was: Reusing icons)

Jody wrote:

> Please note that with respect to SLD a lot of the fun comes from
> dynamically generating the icons based on Symbolizer represented etc...

Like uDig does?

Hmm... I've thought about this quite some time and, yes, having this kind of preview is nice, BUT: For complex, dynamic styles which style each object differently, it is impossible to create just one representative icon or preview. And icons in the size like uDig uses them in the layer view - they are not very helpful for cases such as fe. where symbols are used to style points and the icons are two or three times larger than the symbol or preview area...
I am sure you have made these experiences already in uDig.

I got something in my head, though ... what about style previews in the way tooltips work? Extra floating window. This could then be as large as they need to be to show the characteristics of a complex style. But this goes to the creation of actual legends and is not my first priority now.
--
Matthias Basler
matthiasbasler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top