Re: [udig-devel] Re: udig trunk is ready (and gloriously unstable)

Paul Ramsey wrote:
Maybe we need one of those branchy trees...
Just to refine things a bit Paul:
uDig 1.0.x is a branch, which uses GeoTools 2.1.x
If you look at any of the plug-ins on branches/1.0.x/... they say version 1.0.7 right now
uDig 1.1.x is now also a branch, which uses GeoTool 2.2.x and that's where the RCs are being cut from
If you look at any of the plug-ins on branches/1.1.x/... they say version 1.1 right now...
uDig 1.2.x is not branch yet. the development stream that will eventually be branched into a 1.2.x branch is currently trunk
If you look at any of the plug-ins on trunk/ they say version 1.2 right now...

So "1.2" is more then just a pretty face, when packaging up your community module (or udig application) you can say what version of uDig you expect to see .. and the update manager uses this information to keep installations from becoming confused.

The update manager is my friend, the more information we give it the *less* confusion occurs :-)

Jody

Back to the top