[udig-devel] Editing and Displaying Styles for Map Layers

I have noticed that when I have styled a map layer and then go back into
it to tweak the style that uDig doesn't display the current style
settings but instead seems to start off at a blank style. Normally I
would expect that the current style settings would be displayed and then
I would be able to change these. Am I doing something wrong here or is
this the current functionality of uDig? If it is the current
functionality then are there plans to add the 'remembering' and editing
of the current style to uDig, and if so then is there a timeline for
this?

Most GIS packages display the classification of the layer in the map
legend but I don't see this in uDig at the current time. Are there plans
to add this in the near future?

Thanks,
        Bob Bruce

**  Bob Bruce, P.Eng.      Geomatics Support Engineer
**  bbruce@xxxxxxxxx       Manitoba Geomatics/Remote Sensing Branch,
**  work # (204) 945-6636  1007 Century Street,
**  FAX  # (204) 945-1365  Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3H 0W4
**
**
**  The Manitoba Centre for:
**  Cadastral & Topographical Mapping, and Remote Sensing
**  See us on the Web at: http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/
**  and:
**  http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/cada_mapping/index.html
**  Check out our digital maps at: https://web2.gov.mb.ca/mli/index.html