[no subject]

Thanks! That's what I needed.
> Od: jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Komu: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Datum: 10.11.2006 19:09
> Pøedmìt: Re: [udig-devel] making temp Layer from FeatureCollection
>
>I'd suggest using
>
>IGeoResource resource = CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getLocalCatalog
().createTemporaryResource( featureType );
>resource.resolve( FeatureStore.class, progressMonitor ).addFeatures
(collection);

>ApplicationGIS.addLayersToMap( map, Collections.singletonList (resource),
addPosition );

>Jesse
>
>On 10-Nov-06, at 6:33 AM, Jan Jezek wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm working on 'transformation' plugin (for RC5) and I've run in  >
some problems during creating the Layer from temporary resource.  > I'm
having the FeatureCollection (result from transformation) and I  > would
like to make a temporary layer from that. I was searching a  > lot about
this in mail list, but still can't understand how I  > should do it in
right way.
>> When I do it this way it works:
>>

>> map.getLayersInternal().add(newLayer);
>>  newLayer.getGeoResource().resolve >
(FeatureStore.class,null).addFeatures(collection);

>> but when the Feature collection is big (and ussualy it is)  and  > uDig
starts rendering right after each feature is added, it is very  > very
slow, so I tryed to add  new features first and then to add  > the layer
into the map, but then I get java.lang.NullPointerException