[udig-devel] Re: Re: GPS Coordinates to Map

Thanks.  That perfect.  The only thing now is to deal with the coordinate
system I think.  GPS comes in in Lat/Long, but I see there a negative number
for the coordinate.  I have to get:

>>           4916.46,N    Latitude 49 deg. 16.45 min. North
>>           12311.12,W   Longitude 123 deg. 11.12 min. West

into a proper coordinate number.  For example, uDig shows diffent numbers
(negative numbers) and GPS coordinate need to be transformed first.  I
know - stup question - but for a geospatial newbie, relevent.  Apologies in
advance.

"Jesse Eichar" <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:20BF789C-0A55-49FC-9B84-ACB7E0320A73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...
> Hi,
>
> So what exactly are you trying to do here?  Just transform from a  point
> in world space to a coordinate on the screen?  If that is the  case then
> you can use one of the context's worldToPoint() methods to  make the
> transformation.  Look at the AbstractContext interface for  the code if
> you don't want to use the context methods directly (you  can create a
> ToolContext with the method:   ApplicationGIS.createContext(map).  Also
> all MapGraphics have access  to a MapGraphics context.  A final place to
> look is the layer's  layerToMapTransform().
>

> Jesse

Back to the top