Re: [udig-devel] Rendering issues

A brief overview of the rendering system:

The MapEditor contains a ViewportPaneSWT object that is what the map is displayed in.  The Map's RenderManager (RenderManagerDynamic is the concrete class that is instantiated) notifies the ViewportPaneSWT when an update is ready.  Renderer are executed by RenderExecutor objects which runs each renderer and notifies the RenderManager of updates.  The CompositeRendererImpl contains all other RendererExecutors and combines all images that the individual renderers produce into one.

The RenderExecutors clear the images so that is one place you can look at.

Very brief I admit but hopefully enough to get you started.

Jesse

Johan C. de Koning wrote:

Hello,

Can you give me some pointers about how the rendering is working internally?

We want to use uDig mapeditor within our application but I need to estimate how much time it will take to fix this rendering issue? Hopefully you can give me some more information?

Best regards,

Johan de Koning