RE: [udig-devel] adding a feature to the current map

Hello, Adrian!
What do you mean "buffer operation" ?

I implemented the functionality (for my customers) of buffering the whole
layer with linear type of geometry (let's say - roads, represented
as features with linear type of geometry and the width as a feature
attribute). In this case the attribute value is used as a width for the
buffering (linear geometry goes to the polygonal geometry). Buffering
operation is performed using JTS stuff that is stable and good enough.

Do you mean "buffering" in this sense?

Or is the architectural problem with converting features from one layer
while the new features should go to another layer?

Could you describe the problem with more details... Probably I will give
some hints...

Vitali.