Re: [udig-devel] uDig on Linux

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure what is wrong, but I can give you a couple of pointers that may help you locate your problem.
1)  type: which java
to make sure that you are using the java that has JAI installed. I know fedora core 3 uses the gnu java implementation by default so I have to make some changes to my PATH environment variable to ensure that I use sun's java implementation. 2) If you have a JRE installed check the JAVA_HOME/lib/ext directory to ensure that the jai jars are in fact installed there. If you have a JDK installed then check the JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory for the jai jars.

Normally that is sufficient to get UDIG working correctly.

Jesse
Matt Revelle wrote:

I'm running into a problem with running uDig under Gentoo Linux. I have JAI installed, but when uDig starts up I see the splash screen and then an error dialog stating that I don't have JAI installed. I'm sure I'm just missing something in an environment variable, but what confuses me is that the dialog says to go to the Help/About menu for assistance in debugging, but the main uDig window never comes up.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Back to the top