Re: [udig-devel] Plea to avoid workarounds for broken servers

Sorry, we are not Wal-Mart. The reaction to uDig failing to work with a server will be "uDig is broken" not "the server is broken". We will report errors we find in servers to the authors, particularly early on pre-release, but making things work seamlessly is the goal, and if that means we have to load up some other people's problems on our shoulders on occasion, so be it.

In addition, supporting "non-standard" things like ArcXML is on my agenda. I want an integration tool, and am not going to be doctrinaire about how that is accomplished. There's data in ArcIMS servers I want to see, there's data in broken WMS servers I want to see.

P.