[udig-devel] Help with Layer.getSchema() and WMS?

I am thinking ahead (bad jody) about WMS Post. In order for the StyleConfigurators to have a hope of working against a WMS they will need a FeatureType to construct Rules....

Hense the following question?

   public FeatureType getSchema() {
       FeatureSource data = getFeatureSource();
       if( data != null ){
           return data.getSchema();
       }
// XXX: rgould how do I process a getWMS().createDescribeLayerRequest()?
       return null;
   }

Can we construct a geotools FeatureType from a DescribeLayerRequest? Or is the result too unstructured?

Jody

Back to the top