Re: [udig-devel] SampleProject.udig overwritten on opening

On 3-Jan-05, at 1:12 AM, Tony Bazeley wrote:

While I think I get the broad concepts , could someone advise me whether it will be possible to download/upload data from/to my Garmin etrex in the near future, and if this is not likely to be possible suggest an alternative open source application or work around in the interim.

Tony,
GPS handling really seems to be a weak point in OSS spatial applications right now. I do not know why, but I would be willing to hazard a guess that not enough OSS developers own GPS units! I would like to have a GPS plug-in for uDig (probably we would need one per manufacturer, sadly) but that will be off in the spring some time. First order of business is to get the basic uDig capabilities bullet-proof, then to add some interesting capabilities like GPS.
Yours,
Paul

Back to the top