[udig-devel] Andrea's Initial rendering results

Andrea Aime: The new coordinate sequence implementation does not help at all... at least, not visibily, just measurably

That said it will clean up our code a lot - we can finally edit a Geometry in place without being forced to create a new one, and so on.

Andrea Aime: Now the most expensive parts are:
Andrea Aime: * reading doubles from the shapefile
Andrea Aime: * computing envelopes
Andrea Aime: * computing intersections
Andrea Aime: (the last two are performed by GeometryFilterImpl)

Andrea and I have a couple of ideas on how to speed up GeometryFilterImpl:
- Andrea would like to hold a cache in memory
- I would like to try a spatial index, such as IndexedShapefile

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top