[udig-devel] Wiki setting up for document development

I am starting to gear up for the next release:
 http://docs.codehaus.org/display/UDIG/Home

Features a new look, one that should be a bit easier to maintain.
- Has the quickstart for the latest release front and center (a sample UDIG 0.3 Quickstart is there right now).
- Has User Guide, Plug-in Developer Guide, Developer Guide breakdown

Users Guide
- Target Daily UDIG users
- describe customization via perspectives, preferences (aka stuff we have thought of)
- included as online help

Plug-in Developers Guide
- target Programmers who want to make changes by extending udig (aka stuff we have not thought of)
- how to make a plug-in, reference UDIG extention points, tutorials etc...
- available as online help, will eventually include code creation template for Decorator etc...
- "Data Access" section needed for Milestone 2

Developers Guide
- traditional project developers guide, care and feeding of the UDIG application & development process

Feedback as always is welcome,
Jody

Back to the top