[udig-devel] Location Organizer Folder

Repost now that we have a list ...

This beast is weird - I don't want ot go anywhere near it ...

Location Organizer Folder (LOF) orphaned from Geospatial Fusion Services
(GFS)  test bed. My impression is this is an earlier attempt of what we
are about.  Similar to Pauls idea of separate connection information
from Map Layers, danger of it being a direct mapping of the ESRI Catalog
Services has the Data / Client talks to the Catalog idea.

- grab bag of "geo-links" (documents, video, graphics ...) associated
with Feature information. Think the video feed captured by those cars
that drive around with a GPS allowing you to visually confirm the
address information.
- XML document in "Thick" or "Thin" versions for sharing
- Thin LOF is an XML document with links to the real data
- Thick LOF actually grabs a the stuff and keeps it in the document

This thing looks nuts - the only leverage is the difference between
"thick"/"thin" that may be useful to us as we consider Context Document
(allow us to provide the cached differences, when working with long
transactions?)

Back to the top