Gesendet: Sonntag, 15. August 2021 um 10:45 Uhr
Von: "Christoph Läubrich" <laeubi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Tycho developers list" <tycho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Tycho user list" <tycho-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: [tycho-user] Using Github-Discussions?
I found that using github+gihub issues already have brought some value
to the tycho project as it is more clear how/where to report issues and
contribute changes.

One relative new feature in github are github-discussions [1]

"Community members can ask and answer questions, share updates, have
open-ended conversations, and follow along on decisions affecting the
community's way of working."

As this does not require any additional registration, I think this would
be a great alternative to the current mailing-list, as it is more
obvious for people where to ask (or find already answered questions) or
start discussions about how things are supposed to work.

I think the quickstart gives a good overview whats possible with that
feature, so I'd like to encourage everyone to take a short look and give
some feedback if we might want to try out this feature.

[1] https://docs.github.com/en/discussions