[tycho-dev] Enable Auto-Merge?

I noticed that we are able to enable auto-merge[1] for the Tycho repository.

I think this could become useful for platform as well, so maybe it is a good opportunity to try it out at Tycho...

We only need to enable it in general in the repository settings, and then one can choose to enable/disable it on PR as well.

The only "issue" is that we would need to enable some branch protection rules, that could be:

1) an approving review (we can self-approve PRs if desired)
2) at least EMO + Jenkins check pass

[1] https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/incorporating-changes-from-a-pull-request/automatically-merging-a-pull-request [2] https://docs.github.com/en/repositories/configuring-branches-and-merges-in-your-repository/defining-the-mergeability-of-pull-requests/managing-a-branch-protection-rule

Back to the top