Re: [tycho-dev] Older Tycho versions

sources of (really) old versions of Tycho (before it was moved to the Eclipse Foundation) with version tags are still here:
https://github.com/sonatype/sonatype-tycho

BTW the bootstrap requirement is only for building Tycho itself.
You can use any old version in binary form as they are all on maven central:
http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Corg.sonatype.tycho

Regards,
Jan