[tycho-dev] Bundle.info doesnot get updated when all tar.gz of the particular runtime(profile) deleted

Hi all,

When we install new features or uninstall existing features on a particular runtime(profile) using p2 provisioning, lot of `tar.gz` files are being created to keep track of the features being installed/uninstalled in the selected runtime. Since the content of those files are added in incremental order, I deleted all the `tar.gz` files without the latest `tar.gz` and tried installing new features and uninstalling existing features, they worked fine and update the bundle.info correctly.

To research even a bit further, I deleted all the `tar.gz` files of a particular runtime and tried the following
  • Installing a new feature which has a dependency to a feature which is already exists in the current runtime
              it failed, indicating the dependant feature is not present. this is obvious as             no history is present
  • Uninstalling an existing feature
                         Also failed indicating the relevant feature is not found, this is also obvious                         as no history is present

  • Installing a new feature which has no dependency to any feature which is already exists in the current runtime.
 The build passed without any issue but bundle.info of the relevant runtime did not updated as it should be.

Could anyone be kind enough to explain the reason behind not updating `bundle.info` in the third scenario?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
Kasun Siyambalapitiya