Re: [tycho-dev] What is mean by artifact.size in artifact.xml generated inside p2 repo

Kasun Siyambalapitiya <kasunsi@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> By observing the details, I was able to found out that   *<property
> name='download.size' value='10222'/> *is showing the actual size of my
> artifact

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.artifact.IArtifactDescriptor.DOWNLOAD_SIZE:

    An artifact descriptor property (value "download.size") indicating
    the number of bytes that will be transferred when this artifact is
    transferred out of the repository.

> while* <property name='download.contentType' value='application/zip'/>
> * is showing the type of the artifact. What is shown by * <property
> name='artifact.size' value='4096'/> ?*

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.artifact.IArtifactDescriptor.ARTIFACT_SIZE:

    An artifact descriptor property (value "artifact.size") indicating
    the size in bytes of the artifact in its native format (after
    processing steps have been applied).

> Why is it simillar in most of the entries?.

It is the same (4096 bytes) for features only (content-type is
application/zip). My guess would be because of the bug #509401 in
general and this fix [1].

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git/commit/?id=5be3ee98548c39fa52804fbb4ce2c1d3c647a63b

--
Mykola