[tycho-dev] "lineUp" vs. "org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.product" property when publishing product

Hi All J

We’ve been using p2 for quite a while now, all the way back to its first version J

Since back then we keep backwards compatibility, meaning we allow updating that old version to any newer version of our product.

This is where the problem comes in. We rely on the property “lineUp” to be set for our product IU, and query for it in update scenarios.

Since switching to tycho-0.20.0(-SNAPSHOT) that property is no longer set, instead having been replaced by “org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.product”.

The addition is fine and I understand the implications around remedy, but would it be possible to keep setting the lineUp property as well to maintain compatibility?

If that’s not possible, can I personalize my tycho publish step to set lineUp=true as well as the new property?

Thanks all for listening! :)
Helmut

Back to the top