Re: [tycho-dev] Multiple output folders & Sonar/Findbugs

On 07/24/2013 05:29 PM, Sievers, Jan wrote:
Tycho does expose multiple classes output folders (in case of nested jars) via
org.eclipse.tycho.core.osgitools.project.EclipsePluginProject.getOutputJars()
but I don't think this is something sonar can / should rely on.
Sonar/Findbugs plugin probably can't use Tycho APIs. However, I was wondering if there was a usual way to deal with it (such as some Maven API or a Maven property attached to the project for additional folders). It would be interesting to request some Maven API for additional class folders.

IMHO this boils down to a maven project model restriction
1 module = 1 output folder
which can't be mapped correctly to OSGi and nested jars.
IMHO, the 1 module = 1 output folder convention is not that bad. It's more an issue with PDE/Build compatibility rather than OSGi. A better approach (from Maven POV) would be to first build the nested jar as a "jar" and then build the eclipse-plugin and include this jar in its resources. So there would be 1 module for the jar + 1 module for the bundle.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top