Re: [tycho-dev] Need an overview of the tycho internals.

> In our build environment, we make bundles using felix bundle plugin. I
> tried to migrate my build system to tycho based build, but found that
> tycho is not supporting pom first approach (our whole build is based
> on pom first approach).
>
> Therefore I thought of writing my own build plugin to generate
> p2-repositories and profiles (products). I think i can make use, some
> of tychos components while doing so. AFAIK tycho has a equinox
> launcher and it is used for invoke p2-director application and tests.

Actually this works with Tycho out of the box (with a few limitations):
- set pomDependencies=consider in your target-platform-configuration
- add POM dependencies to your Felix built bundles (limitation: they must have been built before in a separate reactor)
- include the bundles in a product definition and build it with eclipse-repository.

Regards
Tobias

Back to the top