[tycho-dev] Branch-point for releasing

I find it more useful to do both the "n.SNAPSHOT -> n" and the "n -> n+1.SNAPSHOT" commits in master and then branch of after the first commit. (Example: tycho 0.6.0 release, commits f66bb52 and 235de3d)

This would allow merges from the maintenance branch into the master branch - which is in particularly useful if we have several changes in the maintenance branch as with 0.11.x.

Also the CI build should be unaffected if you push both changes at once.

@Igor: Should I simply do this for 0.12.0? I'll be in the office for at least two more hours.

Regards
Tobias

Sievers, Jan wrote:
> yes. You can go ahead with branching/staging from our point of view.

Back to the top