Re: [tracecompass.incubator-dev] Virtual Table question

I believe I understand it now. In DataProviderService when the columns is fetched a TmfEventTableDataProvider is returned from the manager so I suppose this acts as a default one if the manager does not find a custom made one?

//Johan

Från: tracecompass.incubator-dev <tracecompass.incubator-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> för Johan Besseling <johanbes@xxxxxx>
Skickat: den 18 april 2022 12:43:46
Till: tracecompass.incubator-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [tracecompass.incubator-dev] Virtual Table question

Hello,

I am doing some experiments with my trace and I realized that I do not have to explicitly create the event table as its own data provider. So I wonder what the difference is between using a Virtual Table such as TmfEventTableDataProvider and not? Is it to enhance the event table with additional functionality, for example if the trace is huge and I do not wish to load the entire trace? Would it create an additional event table or replace the default one?

How is the event table queried without a data provider through the trace server? I believe it occurs when I select a trace and the State Provider is created and then fetched through the method getEventLayout but not sure 😊

//Johan

Back to the top