Re: [tracecompass-dev] Reindexing trace file and rebuilding the state system during analysis
  • From: Matthew Khouzam <matthew.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2023 15:29:18 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=ericsson.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=ericsson.com; dkim=pass header.d=ericsson.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=co3aOnZ0tAYXQKEzXoJgGCBriIVcylcJguS6PhkxypE=; b=k4Rqh8l0eeqSGDhOTKUgiYTvY/HBTw/OWRMulfVjVwYsz1cgn3HBEsI6i7N2U5FBRch1qV8FFNkkdfmZWHq9bzQLs+GuKNEYduVr4HsPC/Znzwxq9aoKCf8ji8LF6AUK63UmhV1yFsWK3PdC7APssKIurZotqCqk2u/3xVYPA5tLFJU8og9xCmxU87TjjvA2hACV4kvfMHEV+PrtUFfrB3yhY+40FO7NPantf3KOweiWsj70CnxxP2+kPs8Mh8wQLADtRC22qFlY/bho3BsDthRmjnv4KGjkoJyF7QnevuDEKb2SL69VSfkzRFqlSwQcDPmpE2MTfKmdaAtieh4eCA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=i5jLSkClMxk9zjQsTRSGP9Ed26W1W+hPLXcnAgrzN2JG4Z/EC/zv+bc0yWD6wvkuuFuBhWXpfZy5v/fV6sGX6SF4Pafz15mt1ZNBFE9GIhRoYNi7EzwCYe3LtYkplTiGc2NUvUB5Kknslsm43wTkl3SWWM3S1YqQm5VQAMPzZNtbTGc+o0F1IeDbYjdBEKB+hKvjojgM1WFWuKKLl4UA/MA3iKkadRr3tiOQZbgGEvC3MONBk3fqUsDEegzlxuo6wj9QDDLu8RVD0fyb6jFggbckM1uNZsi2jnsDqcs/Sc3yb/bJESP8e0q98U5wr/L2L5EAy/HqQwvyx3tvS15h6A==

> Thanks, we have found out the problem of slow indexing is caused by our parser.

Great!

>  We’re working on improving it. Since the state system is immutable, I’m thinking of creating a custom data structure that is mutable for our use. Is it possible to create an ITmfTreeXYDataProvider implementation that does not use the state system?

Yes. the state system is just a cache. You can point it to any datastructure you want as long as you follow the API. If you have a cool solution you can share, please do! 🙂