[tracecompass-dev] Trying to get live trace working withTrace Compass

Hi I am using the standalone version (Version: 3.3.0) of Trace Compass. I am trying to get live streams working.

I have a session running on my board which connects to lttng-relayd instance on my host machine using a script like

#Create a session sending the data over the network to a listening host
lttng create --set-url="" --live
lttng enable-event --userspace sample_application:information_tracepoint
lttng enable-event --kernel sched_switch,sched_process_fork
lttng start

 I can see the trace events in the lower left hand control panel but I can never get any of the events to appear in the panes on the right-hand side.

With a hierarchy like

MyTarget

-->Provider

-->Sessions

If I expand these I can see kernel and user events

But I can never get a live view to appear in the Right Hand Windows like one would see with a trace file that you load from disk

I tried various options like create session and import but with no success.

I have followed the instruction at

http://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.user/LTTng-Tracer-Control.html

But still cannot figure out how to get a live view of the trace in the right hand windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Id this feature functional?

regards

John

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended for the sole use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Black Box Corporation reserves the right to scan all e-mail traffic for restricted content and to monitor all e-mail in general. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this email in error, any use, dissemination or forwarding of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by replying to this email.

Back to the top