[tracecompass-dev] XML analysis on both ust and kernel lttng traces

Hello,

I'd like to combine kernel and ust events in the analysis - is it possible?

As an example, I'd like to recover the information which thread caused a
ust event (yes I know about lttng add-context --userspace --type=vtid,
but let's assume this is not available). I tried the following, which
didn't work for me (inside the same tmfxml element):

<stateProvider id="foo1" version="1">
 <head>
  <traceType id="org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng2.kernel.tracetype" />
  <label value="CPU TID map" />
 </head>
 <eventHandler eventName="sched_switch">
  <stateChange>
   <stateAttribute type="constant" value="CPUs" />
   <stateAttribute type="eventField" value="cpu" />
   <stateValue type="eventField" value="next_tid"/>
  </stateChange>
 </eventHandler>
</stateProvider>

<stateProvider id="foo2" version="1">
 <head>
  <traceType id="org.eclipse.linuxtools.lttng2.ust.tracetype" />
  <label value="UST Analysis" />
 </head>
 <eventHandler eventName="ust_myprog:event1">
  <stateChange>
   <stateAttribute type="constant" value="Threads" />
   <stateAttribute type="query">
    <stateAttribute type="constant" value="CPUs" />
    <stateAttribute type="eventField" value="cpu" />
   </stateAttribute>
   <stateValue type="int" value="..." />
  </stateChange>
 </eventHandler>
</stateProvider>

So I guess a stateProvider cannot access the state of another provider?
Can I maybe define a single stateProvider on an Experiment (where I have
both ust and kernel events combined)? Any other alternative?

Thanks for any info!

--
Zeno Endemann | zeno.endemann@xxxxxxxx | Software Engineer
Tel: +49-30-521325470