[tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass 2.3/Neon.3 release preparation

Hi all,

Neon.3 release is approaching fast (March 23, 2017) and I would like to share the plan for Trace Compass for the Neon.3 release. Trace Compass project will release version 2.3 for Neon.3.

Feature Freeze:

The feature freeze for Neon.3 will be together with the RC1 build of Trace Compass. I'll collect the RC1 build the morning of Wednesday February 15/2017 from branch master. This means that any feature that you want to be part of the 2.3 release should be reviewed and merged to master before February 15/2017. I'll create the release branch stable-2.3 from master right after the same day. Only bug fixes, documentation updates or JUnit tests should be added on this branch afterwards.

Release Testing:

Right after RC1 we'll execute a set of manual test cases to ensure that the features are working properly. Please let me know, if you'd like to support us in the release testing.

Release Notes:

I've created the New & Noteworthy pages [1]. At all Trace Compass committers, please add all items that you were adding. Also, feel free to add missing items.

Release Review;

I'll take of the preparation of the release review.

For more information about the Neon simultaneous release, see reference [2].

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards

Bernd

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/News/NewIn23

[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Neon/Simultaneous_Release_Plan