Re: [tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass state snapshot exchange format

On 2016-11-08 02:53 PM, Philippe Proulx wrote:
> [...]

I think it would work well with the history tree as a backend for the
segment store. Unlike "state systems", segment stores do not have
attributes, so by splitting the mapping between attributes (aka paths)
and keys into a separate file, we just skip this file when using a
segment store.

> [...]
>> Finally, the 'history.bin' is not really detailed.

See this as the current *.ht files. The difference we are suggesting is
to break out the last section of that file (the serialized attribute
tree), and put those in separate .json file(s) which can then be re-used
by the statedump.

> [...]
>
>> Could you sell me on why these three files are more interesting that say
>> a json output of the analysis id, the state, and the layout, then it is
>> the responsibility of the analysis to be able to load its snapshot?

Yes, it would be the responsibility of the state-system analysis to load
its own statedump before starting to read trace events. Currently I'm
aiming to add this logic in the TmfStateSystemAnalysisModule.

Cheers,
Alex

Back to the top