[tracecompass-dev] Trace Compass 2.2/Neon.2 release preparation

Hi all,

Neon.2 release is approaching fast (December 22, 2016) and I would like to share the plan for Trace Compass for the Neon.2 release. Trace Compass project will release version 2.2 for Neon.2. Right now we have API additions and a few new features in master.

Feature Freeze:
The feature freeze for Neon.2 will be together with the RC1 build of Trace Compass. I'll collect the RC1 build the morning of Wednesday November 16/2016 from branch master. This means that any feature that you want to be part of the 2.2 release should be reviewed and merged to master before November 16/2016. I'll create the release branch stable-2.2 from master right after the same day. Only bug fixes, documentation updates or JUnit tests should be added on this branch afterwards.

Release Testing:
We'll execute a set of manual test cases to ensure that the features are working properly according to the test specification under [1]. Please let me know, if you'd like to support us in the release testing.

Release Notes:
I've created the New & Noteworthy pages [2]. Please feel free to add missing items.

Release Review;
I'll take of the preparation of the release review.

For more information about the Neon simultaneous release, see reference [3].

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best Regards
Bernd

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-pW31d8H7bOjhYdtoVurarypQeoMpVBxrJmjII8np6M/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/News/NewIn22