[tracecompass-dev] Proposed update to CTF events

Hello trace compass friends,

It has been brought up the packet contexts in CTF are not fully
represented.

An event can have a packet context, an event context and a stream
context. I have made a patch to add aspects for these aspects. Now, it
would be interesting to see if this can help for XML files, if it does
not, we will need to add more to the API.

I would like to know if it would be now interesting to have the content
only have the "payload" or should it merge everything?

Pros of merging: easily available to all data.

Cons of merging: Overlapping names will clash/context will be huge

Keep as-is: events are half merged.

Thoughts?

Back to the top