[tracecompass-dev] Hello

Hi everyone,

I have just recently started to use Tracecomppass a little more and written a couple of parsers for different kinds of logfiles and some XML analysis configurations to derive e.g. system and alarming states in a pretty nice visual fashion.
Because the logfiles I'm dealing with typically contain all kinds of different events, parsing them with a custom text parser is getting more and more complex and the rules a bit difficult to maintain. It would be very nice if one could generate different event types from one logfile instead of just one type for all events with many different, often unrelated properties. Has that ever been discussed?
I'd like to generate the same kinds of events on the other hand from different parsers for differentl formatted logfiles to be able to use the same state analysis and visualization for different sources of data.
To get around that limitation, I have now started to write my first "real" parser. While doing so, I recognized many null-pointer safety warning during compilation. Many of which seem to be straight forward to fix. Would you be interested in patches for those?

Best regards,
  Florian

BTW: I forgot to introduce myself... I am a software engineer with a medical devices company in northern Germany. Personally, I have been using Linux for ages and always been using Eclipse as my preferred IDE during the last years. I'm writing C/C++ for embedded systems most of the times but am also familiar with Java although I'd prefer other (JVM)-Languages over Java if I'd have to switch from C/C++ to something else.

Back to the top