Re: [tracecompass-dev] Proposal for a way of working with views and viewers

> What is a TmfView? Something that can be time aligned and
> pinned. Not much else.

Just want to point out that the initial purpose of a TmfView was to be a ViewPart that was also a TmfComponent and therefore that could send and receive TMF signals.

> Viewer{
>     String getModuleId();
>     update(analysis);
> }

I think it's too restrictive to assume all our viewers fit into this. I would see this as an 'AnalysisViewer' without preventing other types of viewers.

Patrick

Sorry all, I updated a definition