Re: [tracecompass-dev] Building against Eclipse Neon (including Eclipse 4.6 platform)

We now build against Neon (Eclipse 4.6) by default in the master branch. If you haven't already, now would be a good time to start using the tracecompass-e4.6 target.

The master branch can still compile against Mars (Eclipse 4.5) and I'm not sure whether or not it will at the time of release. But I'll set up a job on Hudson so that at least we'll know when/if it breaks.

Marc-André

From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Marc-André Laperle [marc-andre.laperle@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 06 January 2016 6:26 PM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tracecompass-dev] Building against Eclipse Neon (including Eclipse 4.6 platform)

Hi,

The master branch is currently building using Eclipse Mars dependencies by default. I suggest that we start building with Neon by default starting with M5 which is February 5th. I don't think there's a clear guideline as to when the switch should happen but I think things should be stable enough by then (I think it's been quite stable for a while anyway).

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Marc-Andre

Back to the top