[tracecompass-dev] Collapse/Expand all in Time Graph views

Hi

We got the request to support collapsing/expanding all tree items in the time graph views like the Control Flow view.

I did some investigation for the implementation of collapse / expand all feature in the Time graph views. Both the TimeGraphCombo and TimeGraphViewer have already an interface to do that. In the AbstractTimeGraphView, the ITimeGraphWrapper interface needs to be augmented to call these methods.

The trigger these actions we could implement a context-sensitive menu (right-mouse click), an entry into the toolbar menu or 2 separate buttons in the toolbar. However, the toolbar is already crowded with a lot of buttons and we should not add these buttons since they are not necessary used often.

I propose to add them into the toolbar menu because they apply on the whole tree and not just on the current selection.

Thoughts?

/Bernd

Back to the top