From: tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [tracecompass-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Bernd Hufmann [bernd.hufmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 30 2015 2:58 PM
To: tracecompass-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tracecompass-dev] Using Java 8 for Hudson builds

Hi Marc-Andre

Thanks for investigating this. I'm ok with building with Java 8.

Bernd

On 09/30/2015 02:06 PM, Marc-André Laperle wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to change some Hudson jobs to use Java 8 because of failure to download dependencies, see
https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg12439.html
and

I would change the master job and the gerrit job.
This will open the door to building against Neon which requires Java 8 and also moving to Java 8 in our own code eventually. I would not change any code for now.

I don't expect much change in behavior for now (except Neon builds succeeding!)  but I wanted to let people know.

Marc-Andre