[tracecompass-dev] Code style adendum

Hi all, I want to propose an adendum to our coding style.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/141e06ef%28v=vs.71%29.aspx

Slightly adapted, of course.

I propose for naming methods and fields:

* Do not shorten words: so getCurentDisplay and not getCurrDisplay

* Do not use acronyms, unless you have to (getSipie == bad) and it
exists outside the bounds of Tracecompass.

* When using an acronym, 2 chars == UPPERCASE, 3+chars  = lowercase. So
IOException = yes, CPUException becomes CpuException.

An interesting exception is ID, as the noun ID is uppercase, getID is
acceptable, getId is less. getId would be acceptable for psychology
software though.

Thoughts?

Back to the top