Re: [tracecompass-dev] Viewing custom events in a timeline

Hi Geraldo,

That sounds like a great feature. I would suggest that you have two
courses of action for it, in trace compass.

1- make a state system in java and feed a time graph view
2- make the state system in xml. Data driven will be probably easier.
http://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.user/Data-driven-analysis.html

Can you show what your events look like? Are they something like this?
time: abc, type: start, stream: n;

Are they in text? binary or other(?)

You could probably make a parser easily enough for your data format.

Hope to hear from you!

Matthew