We just have to make sure that we keep it up-to-date. Incorrect documentation is as bad as
no documentation.

Bernd

On 06/25/2015 02:15 PM, Alexandre Montplaisir wrote:
Hi Bernd,

I completely agree. In fact, any important change should be discussed on Bugzilla, be it API-breaking or not.

About major API breaks, perhaps we should keep a list of them somewhere, so that when a new major release comes out, we can document all in one place the steps that need to be taken to update existing code (instead of calling myclass#methodA, now call myclass#methodB, etc.)

Something like a page on the wiki, similar to https://wiki.eclipse.org/Trace_Compass/Feature_Roadmap maybe?

Cheers,
Alex

On 2015-06-25 11:23 AM, Bernd Hufmann wrote:
Hi

As previously discussed and agreed, master branch will be used for the main development for Neon and we'll allow API breakage for that. For Neon Trace Compass plan to release 2.0.

I would like to propose that major API breakage is backed-up by a bugzilla bug so that the API design can be discussed by developers using this API. With major API breakage I mean that core functions are significantly changed or even removed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Bernd

Back to the top