Re: [tools-pmc] New project proposal Eclipse jbom

I'm thinking that the first question you need to ask is whether or not the project's scope aligns with the TLP's charter. AFAICT, it does not.

The charter's scope starts with "The Eclipse Tools Project encompasses the tools being built for the Eclipse Platform." For a long time, we have used a rather broad definition of "Eclipse Platform" (basically any technology developed by an Eclipse project is part of the "Eclipse Platform"). But I don't think that's what's intended in the Eclipse Tools TLP's charter.

AFAICT, Eclipse JBOM is not producing any Eclipse Platform plug-ins or features.

But I defer to the wisdom of the PMC.

Wayne