Re: [tools-pmc] What is our purpose?

Hi,

[Disclaimer: I'm not a Tools PMC member]
FWIW, on Technology project, PMC requires that either PMI "roadmap" entries or N&N link gets set for each review.
As a maintainer of Technology project, I think it's a sane thing to be encouraged to create a N&N entry for release review to be successful; as such "marketing" material is profitable for the project communication and visibility. Lists of bugfixes, contributors, fixed bugs... and everything that can be easily accessed by a Git command or a bug tracker request are IMO overkill and redundant; we should just assume that people who want that level of details are expected to be able to run the commands/queries by themselves.

My 2c.

Back to the top