Re: [tools-pmc] Requesting co-lead on Corrosion project

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 10:37 PM Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi dev team, Hi PMC,

As some of you may know, Lucas - who started the project and is currently still the project lead -, is back to school and is away from Eclipse community for some time.
As such, he's not really able to take care of the duties of being the sole PL, and keeping him as only PL would make the project somewhat in an inconsistent state.

I'd like to request becoming project co-lead.
I'm the 2nd contributor (both in term of #commits and historically) after Lucas, I'm taking care of releng and integration in SimRel/EPP, I'm reacting to community activity, all that in the hope of growing the success of the project.
I'd like Lucas name to remain at the moment as I know he's still monitoring things from time to time, and I'd like to make it clear that he still deserves this role by meritocracy and still is trusted to keep the responsibility he has on the project if he has the opportunity to use them between classes and student parties ;)

I already identified a potential new committer for the project. Being a PL would make it easier to turn this committer into a contributor.

Are there specific process steps to follow before this can change, or just sending this request is enough to initiate the process and move forward?

There is formal way to nominate PL on project page, right after "Nominate a committer".

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria