Re: [tools-pmc] Piggy-backing the Node.js exempt prerequisite CQ

On 08/29/2017 12:53 PM, Roland Grunberg wrote:
The Linux Tools Project would like to ship a plugin (wrapped as an
optional feature) that provides the ability to edit Dockerfiles using
the dockerfile-lanaguage-server-nodejs package [1]. This package
requires Node.js to run. The CQs to ship dockerfile-langauge-server-
nodejs will need to be created separately but for now we seek simply
the ability to have a Prerequisite CQ on Node.js itself.

We intend to use nodejs version 6.11.2 or later. I have noticed CQ 9479
[2] (Exempt Prerequisite On Node.js 0.12.2 and later). Could we simply
piggy-back off of this CQ given the 'and later' wording or would a
newer Pre-requisite CQ (against our preferred version) need to be
opened ?

Cheers,

Since it says "and later" I think you are fine piggy-backing on it.

But, assuming you need to create a new CQ any way wouldn't hurt to include the version you plan to use.

IMHO

Here's my +1

Back to the top