[tools-pmc] About LDT joining Oxygen late

Fellow Tools PMC members,

According to the Planning Council (PC) list, see the thread beginning with

https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse.org-planning-council/msg02684.html

they would like to "hear from the Tools PMC" about LDT joining Oxygen, and, I assume, from our PC rep (Doug) that we approve and formally request an exception to the "M4 rule".

I suggest we just take the following posting to ldt-dev list as their "request to us" and then that we approve it and then that Doug follow-up with the PC list.

https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ldt-dev/msg00087.html

The note explains it is "a bug fix release" so I would not think there is much risk. I am unsure if anyone else depends on them.

Here is my +1.

Anyone know of a reason not to? If anyone needs more information from LDT please initiate that discussion with them.