Re: [tools-pmc] Memory Analyzer 1.4.0 Release Review

Hi David,

Thanks for the +1!

>> While not required, as a "reader/consumer" I always like to see some pointers to "number of bugs fixed" vs. "open" or similar ... but that's more "nice touch" rather than required ... and ... could just be me.

Where would you normally put such information – directly in the release description or somewhere else?

Do you mean just the pure numbers opened/resolved/still open?

I ran some search on our bugs – since Kepler was released there were 22 new bugs opened and 17 resolved (not only from the 22), and there are in total 64 still open. However, part of these tickets were just opened to track some project internal housekeeping changes (like switch version to x.y.z, remove obsolete folders, fix copyright headers, …). I don’t think such changes are interesting for the consumers of the project.

Any hints how to present the information so that it is relevant for the consumers? May be you can give me a link to another project which reports the numbers.

Krum