Re: [tools-pmc] Xtend2

It's because the namespace (i.e. package name) org.eclipse.xtend is already taken by the former version of Xtend, i.e. the one from modeling.m2t.xpand.
It would be perfectly ok to call the project simply 'Xtend' (and resp. tools.xtend) if that doesn't prevent us from using the namespace org.eclipse.xtend2.

Sven