[tools-pmc] Resuming the discussion on Object Teams?

Hi,

I'm not sure where and how I might resume the discussion about Object Teams.

In https://bugs.eclipse.org/330534 the Equinox team gave excellent advice
how to avoid 'accidental' installations of the JDT/Core patch (i.e., without
requesting the Object Teams feature).

In https://bugs.eclipse.org/330312 it was acknowledged that our case is a
rare exception for which no "thou shalt not" rules should be carved in stone.

I've discussed the issue with the rest of the JDT/Core team and no-one raised
any objections.

I've tried to discuss this with few more people via email but didn't get answers.

I started to document also where we access internal classes and where we
use bytecode weaving.

I'd still like our tool to join the train. And more importantly, I'm preparing for
a graduation review early next year.

If another in-depth discussion is needed to get approval, it's obviously too late
for M4. Would that mean it's too late for Indigo?

I'd appreciate any advice on how I should proceed, thanks,
Stephan

Back to the top