Re: [tools-pmc] Newsreader project

Hello, all,

> be to find a project at Eclipse that does similar stuff and contribute it
> there.  Can you think of one that would fit reasonably?

Looking at the current top level projects list, I don't think that
there is currently a project that is a good fit for tools like this.
Ideally there should be a "Social" top level project that would fit
tools like this one and could also hold the "Social" subprojects from
ECF like the chat clients and the IRC client and possible future
projects like a twitter client. I have some other ideas about this top
level project. However, at the moment, the Tools project seems the
best.

>  Is the
> implementation completely stand alone/separate from anything else?

The project currently is not using any of the other tools. However, my
basic reference implementation for the communications and local
storage can be replaced by more advanced stuff which could use work
from other Eclipse projects.

If the tool progresses in functionality, it would ofcourse touch more
Eclipse projects, like Mylyn (Create bug/task from article posting).

Best regards,

Wim Jongman