From: Bjorn Freeman-Benson [mailto:bjorn.freeman-benson@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:57 AM
To: konstantin.komissarchik@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tools-pmc] Nexus Project or perhaps hosting micro-projects directly under Tools Project...

Konstantin Komissarchik wrote:

[kosta] So in the case of stable / solid / worthy micro-projects, do you see them moving directly under Tools project or do you think we need Tools Nexus and Technology Nexus?

I'd see them moving to be direct sub-projects of Tools in the theory that they'd proved themselves with a community of supporters, etc. Yes, they'd still be small, but it's not about size, it's more about the activity and support of the community.

I have noticed that Technology contains some relatively mature projects such as ECF and EPP. Is the nature of the Technology Project changing?

Yes, the nature of Technology is changing. Under Wayne's leadership, he's actively working to move the mature projects out to Tools or other PMCs.

[kosta] Mostly out of concern for scale-induced top-level name space crowding. Not a concern for you? How is the top-level namespace managed?

The EMO manages the top-level namespace.  I'm not too concerned about it getting crowded: there are a still a lot of words left to name projects with :-)

- Bjorn

--
[end of message]

Back to the top