FW: [tools-pmc] FW: [cobol-dev] plug-in roadmap

I am curious as to what ever happened here?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Merks [mailto:merks@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 8:27 AM
To: mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; Tools PMC mailing list
Subject: Re: [tools-pmc] FW: [cobol-dev] plug-in roadmap

Mike,

I certainly don't think it's right to force contributions down the
committers throats, but it also doesn't seem right to arbitrarily turn away
contributions that help to generalize the project and help to make it
compatible with more recent versions of Eclipse.   Though even
contributions require maintenance and support so contributions without long
term committers associated with them can be problematic as well.  In any
case, I don't think there is enough information here for anyone to make an
overall judgement on how to solve the problem (or even to understand
specifically what the problems are).  I'm sure the Tools PMC will need to
hear more details from the committers and the contributors.  Likely this is
an opportunity for the PMC to get active involvement from each of their
project leads and to table a discussion about this particular issue at
their next PMC meeting.   For the Modeling PMC we post the agenda and
call-in details on the wiki and we welcome anyone with issues they'd like
to discuss with the PMC  to add their issues to the agenda and to join the
call:

   http://wiki.eclipse.org/Modeling_PMC_Meeting%2C_2007-11-20

The Tools PMC might want to consider a similar open approach...

Ed Merks/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
mailto: merks@xxxxxxxxxx
905-413-3265  (t/l 969)

             "Mike
             Milinkovich"
             <mike.milinkovich                                          To
             @eclipse.org>             "'Tools PMC mailing list'"
             Sent by:                  <tools-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             tools-pmc-bounces                                          cc
             @eclipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [tools-pmc] FW: [cobol-dev] plug-in
             10/28/2007 12:08          roadmap
             PM

             Please respond to
             mike.milinkovich@
               eclipse.org;
             Please respond to
             Tools PMC mailing
                   list
             <tools-pmc@eclips
                  e.org>

I think this should have been cc'd to the entire Tools PMC.